After receiving a very positive feedback for my High-Performance Java Persistence on-site training, I decided to record it as a video course.
While getting started with JPA and Hibernate is fairly easy, if you want to master Java Persistence, you can’t make it without knowing how relational database systems work, how various JDBC drivers address performance-specific topics, the Object/Relational mismatch or why we have patterns like Unit of Work, Optimistic and Pessimistic locking, Entity, Inheritance, Identity, and so on.
A video course will always provide the ultimate learning experience and the fastest way to acquire information, and, if you want to learn more about JPA and Hibernate, then this video course is for you.
Well done to my friend @vlad_mihalcea, fellow @Java_Champions and High-Performance Java persistence expert, for producing a self-study course. I know how hard that is .... 😀 Good luck! #Java https://t.co/sGBRImWo6M— Heinz Kabutz (@heinzkabutz) January 30, 2018
On StackOverflow, I have been answering thousands of questions about JPA and Hibernate which brought me several gold badges for the Java, JPA, Hibernate and ORM tags.
Besides writing about JPA and Hibernate, I’ve been talking about high-performance data access frameworks at various international software conferences like Devoxx, Voxxed Days, Java Zone, and even run workshops at some of the most appreciated software conferences in the world, like Craft Conf.
Last, but not least, I’m one of the top contributors to the Hibernate ORM project.
All in all, I think you are going to be in good hands with me.
Every module includes the video lectures with subtitles as well as the slides used in the video.
You can watch the videos either on the online teaching platform or you can download them and watch them while being offline.
The High-Performance Java Persistence video course is split into multiple parts:
- Mach 1
- Mach 1 covers the basics and essentials of starting up a project with high-performance in mind.
- Mach 2
- Mach 2 will include everything in Mach 1 plus Persistence Context and Flushing, Statements, and Batching modules.
- Mach 3
- Mach 3 will include everything in Mach 2 plus Fetching and Caching modules.
- Mach 4
- Mach 4 will include everything in Mach 3 plus Transactions and Concurrency Control module.
If you buy any Mach course and want to upgrade to a more complex course, you can make it for a 50% discount price until I manage to finish the next Mach course.
I recommend that you take a look at this video course https://t.co/0fOLFf6TEx— Petri Kainulainen (@petrikainulaine) February 1, 2018
High-Performance Java Persistence – Mach 1 (~ 3 hours)
Mach 1 is the first part of this video course, and it features the following modules:
- Data Access Stack (11:14)
- GitHub Repository (5:03)
- Logging SQL Statements (12:48)
- Schema Management (7:42)
- Integration Testing with Docker (8:28)
- Connection Management and Hibernate Connection Providers (12:02)
- Hibernate Connection Lifecycle (8:11)
- Connection Monitoring (13:56)Types
- Hibernate Statistics (8:29)
- JPA and Hibernate Types (7:31)
- Custom Hibernate Types (7:25)
- The hibernate-types project (7:18)
- JPA and Hibernate Identifiers (15:21)
- Hibernate Identifier Optimizers (8:18)
- JPA and Hibernate Relationships (8:54)
- Equals and Hashcode (7:47)
- ManyToOne and OnetoMany (13:24)
- OneToOne (12:34)
- ManyToMany (9:28)
With High-Performance Java Persistence Mach 1, Vlad takes us on a wonderful journey into the world of Java and databases.
We start with the JDBC fundamentals and work piece by piece into the layers of Hibernate.
With videos, slides and a huge repository, Vlad guides us through the pitfalls of the different technologies and gives us lots of tips and tricks on our way that you would not find elsewhere.
From a software developer’s perspective, I highly recommend High-Performance Java Persistence Mach 1. And best of all: the journey continues with Mach 2.
— Jean-Claude Brantschen
High-Performance Java Persistence – Mach 2 (~ 5 hours)
Mach 2 is the second part of this video course, and it features everything in Mach 1 plus the following modules:
Persistence Context and Flushing
- Persistence Context and Flushing Basics (9:12)
- Action Queue (7:44)
- The AUTO FlushModeType (11:17)
- Dirty Checking Mechanism (9:40)
- Bytecode Enhancement Dirty Checking (8:15)
- Statement Lifecycle and Execution Plans (15:58)
- Statement Caching (13:35)
- Statement Batch Updates with JDBC and Hibernate (11:52)
- Statement Batching Cascade Operations (6:37)
- Batching the Update Operation with JPA and Hibernate (5:16)
- SQL Injection (5:04)
I found the High-Performance Java Persistence video training to be excellent comprehensive training, and addition to the ebook.
It is an effective way to get to the next stage of JPA knowledge.
— Zenko Turek
To get a feeling of what I’m talking about, check out this free sample about the best way of logging with JPA and Hibernate.
If you are interested in my future video courses, then you should subscribe to my Email Newsletter and track my progress.