Get the most out of your data access layer
Want to run your data access layer at high speeds?
- 1Database Essentials
Do you know how a relational database systems works behind the scenes?
Do you know how the JDBC Driver executes statements and how you can configure it to boost application performance?
- 3JPA and Hibernate
Adding JPA and Hibernate annotations is fairly easy. But, do you know the performance implications of each JPA or Hibernate feature your application makes heavy use of?
Tailored to your needs
The High-Performance Java Persistence and the High-Performance SQL courses are aimed to level up your team's data access skills, covering the most common database systems (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL).
50 videos – 10 hours and 50 minutes
- JDBC and database essentials
- Connection management
- JPA and Hibernate types and identifiers
- JPA and Hibernate mapping best practices
- JPA and Hibernate inheritance
- Statement caching
- Fetching best practices
- Transactions and concurrency control
- Caching best practices
56 videos – 5 hours and 51 minutes
- Join best practices
- Derived Tables and CTE
- Recursive CTE and hierarchical queries
- JSON queries
- Window Functions
- Pivot, Upsert, and Merge
- Pagination Best Practices
- SQL operation execution order (Coming Soon)
- Unraveling database execution plans (Coming Soon)